Friday 13 November 2009

desktop.




As a computing student [a blogger and a proud 'geek'], I spend a lot of time on my computer so I suppose it's important that my workspace is well thought out. I'm using a sony vaio laptop V series with the X-black screen providing me with perfect blacks. It really helps when working on manga cleaning as for HQ scans the blacks *have to* be 100% black, it's possibly the most important part of the manga cleaning process.


For doodling I'm using an A4 Trust Tablet with a pressure sensitive pen, Adobe photoshop CS3 Version 10 and IrfanView for quick image browsing and conversion. Possibly the most important piece of software I have is dropbox. It's incredibly useful for image sharing and hosting [all the images you see here are actually hosted on dropbox, but shhh, tell nobody] . Obviously my OS of choice [and of use] is Windows7 Professional.


[that little thing in the top right corner tells me how much ram I have left. The desktop wallpaper I made myself and I will upload it soon.]

I'm using Firefox as my main web browser with chrome as a back-up but honestly, there is something seriously wrong with the recent [3.5.5] version of firefox and I'm slowly beginning to think of switching to chrome full time. Pidgin is my only IM since it integrates all the possible networks i could ever use.








I guess thats all for now, at least thats all I can remember . Gnight y'all.
blog comments powered by Disqus