Friday 13 November 2009

Music Friday #1


Right I'm trying to make all of this a little more regular so from now on, each friday is going to be fully dedicated to music, and as you know I'm a seriously big music geek. So each friday I'm going to write about new music, music I love and some music that trully pisses me off. Also I'm going to post my last.fm [link at the crossroads] stats for the given week. So here we go. My charts for this week:



On the way back home to Perth today I was listening to the radio and a song 'Whatcha Say' came on. Now when it first started playing I thought " hey i know this song, it's imogen heap, awesome", but then a fat beat came in and some Idiot started rapping over it. You see I'm not against sampling because let's face it I love electronic music but when someone butchers one of my favourite songs as much as Kanye West and his gay little buddies butchered 'Hide and seek' I just really want to shoot them. Kanye West has been on my hate radar ever since the Tailor Swift incident and I must admit that with each song he releases I hate him more and more. Get over yourself Kanye, you suck. I'm posting the song just so you can tell for yourself how atrocious this monster really is.



One of the things I really wanted to talk about today is the insane new mix from Deadstarr. I've listened to a few mixes she did before and they were all great but this one is special. It's special because the artist actually played the mix live on Erol Alkans [yes, that Erol Alkan] Ustream page. It is also one of the featured mixes on mixcloud.com . You can listen to the mix itself below and you can check out more of her mixes here.



I guess that would be all for today. I'm off for the weekend. Expect a new wallpaper on monday. Oh and I'm doing a lot of changes to the overall design of the blog so let me know what you think. Time to go and dance to some deadstarr. Gnight all.
blog comments powered by Disqus